There are lots and lots of different volunteering roles.
Some are similar to a paid position, and some are just for volunteers.
They might be:
- Helping older people in aged care
- Preparing food and drinks
- Teaching other people something that you are good at
- Fixing things
- Paper work and answering phones
- Helping out at a sporting club
- Visiting someone and having a chat with them
- Gardening and helping the environment
- Sorting and selling second hand clothes and goods (like in an Op Shop)
These are just some examples, but there are many more to explore!
Think about these questions:
When am I able to volunteer – days and times of the week?
How often can I volunteer? Weekly, Fortnightly or Monthly, or perhaps just for special events a couple of times per year.
What kind of things am I good at?
What interests and hobbies do I have?
What would I like to learn when I am volunteering?
Why do I want to volunteer?
You can use our hand book to write you answers down
If you don’t know what kind of volunteer role you would like, you can do a quiz.
It’s for people to think about what kind of paid job they would like, but it might help you to decide about a volunteer role too.
Watch these videos to find out why these people volunteer and the kinds of roles they have.